Tuesday 14 October 2008

Chiquito

I am easily annoyed by little things. I had a reasonably good experience at Chiquito, but finding their address details has me all annoyed. I just want an address and their website did not provide it. Why do web designers not think about the useability of the site? Chiquitos web-design is horrid.

There, rant over.

I went here with a few friends, for a catch up dinner. We ordered the ultimate combo, to share between the five of us. I don't know why I order these starter combinations of fried goodies. I don't like them. They were perfectly fine for what they were - the chicken pieces were quite tasty - but they don't give me great hope for the rest of the meal. The corn on the cob was particularly disappointing; it was overcooked and therefore soggy and tasteless.

That aside, the rest of our meal was quite nice. I had chilli beef tacos and the staff were perfectly happy to accede to my request for a side of guacamole to go with my tacos, without charging me any extra for it. I cannot now quite remember what my companions had, but they seemed reasonably satisfied.

Service was fine. Nothing to commend, but no excoriating rants either. Admittedly, they may have left us well enough alone because we were clearly hellbent on nattering to each other. And they kept us well lubricated with drinks.

I can't rave about the place, but for a night out with friends and a reasonable meal, Chiquito is all right.


*****
Chiquito

Ironside House
Canutes Pavilion Car Pk
Ocean Village
Southampton
SO14 3TN
Get Directions
023 80231505

http://www.chiquito.co.uk/

1 comment:

mythalez said...

a very useful blog, I must say .. at no other place can we find reviews of most restaurants in Southampton!