Tuesday 7 August 2007

Chan Cham

This is an excellent sandwich shop. I am prepared to announce that it is The Best Sandwich Shop in South-East England. Even though I have not eaten at that many, I doubt that any can top it. I will, of course, eat my words if I am wrong.

I invariably have the hommous and grilled vegetables on ciabatta. One day I will branch out, but I eat here so rarely that I just order my favourite. The staff are lovely and funky, and they make your sandwich on the spot - so it can be a little slow if they're busy, but you don't begrudge this once you take that first bite. They also have a great selection of drinks: I was wildly excited to see Snapple, for example, but they also stock local beverages (which are much tastier than Snapple but I don't have any fond childhood memories of beverages local to SE England).

The cafe / eat-in part also seems quite pleasant; unfortunately I only get to have take-out sandwiches because I have to go back to work. One day I will go to Chan Cham on a Saturday and take a leisurely lunch there.

*****

http://www.chancham.com/index.htm

chancham
The Old Forge
8 Merchants Place
Reading
Berkshire
RG1 1DT

Phone: 0118 958 5887

1 comment:

chani said...

check out the delicious new chancham sauces and where to buy them at http://www.chancham.com